Pre-Order the Game!

Desura Digital Distribution

Friday, June 28, 2013

Start of Planet UI and Renaming

I've started on the new UI for colony management.  It will eventually match MoO 1's functionality, with a couple of differences:

1. The item being worked on in each field will be a button that when clicked, brings up a new window displaying possible options.  This is especially handy when you want to build missile bases instead of that expensive planetary shield that takes forever to build, when enemies are approaching your planet.

2. You can rename a colony by clicking on its name in the text field, and just type in a new name.

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far.  Note that the design is not final, I'm just throwing in all the UI elements that will eventually be there, then I'll start moving them around until it all looks good.  Note the new font in star's name, and that I've explored some systems around me:


And here I've renamed my starting system to "Mah Homewarld"

No comments:

Post a Comment